How Will Data Collection Will Affect You?
I, Emma Chandler, of Emma Chandler Photography, regard your privacy with the utmost importance. Information I collect from you enables me to establish what photography services will better suit your needs, and enables me to create a contract and invoice for my services to you. By providing me with your information, you consent to me processing it for this purpose.
Who is collecting the data?
I, Emma Chandler, of Emma Chandler Photography, will be collecting your data.
What information is being collected?
When you book a wedding, family shoot, or other photography session with Emma Chandler Photography, I am likely to collect the following information:-
- Names, Addresses and contact information of the person placing the order with me.
- Names, Addresses and contact information of the person using my services.
- Details of your specific requirements
How is the Data Collected?
I will collect your data in a number of ways:
- Via my messenger on my Facebook business page (Emma Chandler Photography)
- Via my business email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Via Direct Message on Instagram (@EChandlerphoto)
- By hand during a face to face meeting, Skype call, or telephone call
I will correspond with you in your preferred manner, and the information you provide me will remain within that password protected media unless required for some of the purposes set out below.
Analytical data is also collected by Squarespace, the host who powers my lovely website. I do not store this data personally, and nor do I use this data for any purpose at this time.
How Will The Data Be Used?
I will use your data in a number of ways:
- to record you personal details on contract/invoices, which allows me to keep a record of my clients for booking keeping purposes
- to allow me to contact you with regards to photographic services you require for me (for example, via email or via telephone)
- to provide me with sufficient information to provide the highest level of service to the you when both providing photographic services. For example, if I will use the date and venue details you provide me for your wedding so I know where I need to be and when!
- to allow me to post or deliver photographic products to you
At this time I do not have a mailing list, and if you book me for photographic services, I will not contact you to offer you further services.
Who Will This Data Be Shared With?
I will never sell your data to third party companies or suppliers.
Your data may be passed to associate photographers, only when this information is required to enable them to provide photographic services with, or on behalf of, Emma Chandler Photography. You will always be informed if this is the case. For example, if I am working with a second photographer, it is likely I am going to need to pass on specific details about your wedding day so they are informed sufficiently enough to carry out their role.
Where agreed, there may be occasions where you decide to have photographic products, ordered through third party companies, to be delivered direct from the manufacturer. In this case, your Name, Address, and in some cases, mobile number and email address may be shared with the relevant company.
I may disclose your personal date where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Emma Chandler Photography is subject, or where the disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative out-of-court procedure.
I will comply with requests from Law Enforcement where there is an appropriate legal basis for the request of data.
How Long Is Data Stored For?
Personal data that I process for any purpose will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
I will retain your personal data as follows:
- Invoices, contact and contract details will be retained for six years after final delivery of service. This means I will comply with HMRC and financial record guidance.
- Planning information and the finer details of your wedding or photo shoot will be kept for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years. This will allow me to use selected detail within my marketing. For example, in a blog post, I may wish to say what month of the year we met, or who your other suppliers were.
- Enquiry information from clients who do not go on to book our services will be kept for a maximum of one year. Sometimes clients choose not to book me at a particular time, but will come back to me within a year to arrange for a photo shoot to go ahead. Retaining information provided in the initial enquiry will make subsequent enquiries easier for both myself and the client.
Marketing And Promotional Consent
There does not seem to be official guidance on whether images are currently considered to be personal data. However, I will seek your consent before I use your images for marketing purposes. Marketing purposes include my website, blog posts, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and photographic competitions.
You have a legal right to withdraw your consent at any time. To withdraw given consent for the use of images, please email Emma Chandler at email@example.com the subject heading "WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT".
Access To Data
You may request a copy of all of the data I store on you at any time by emailing Emma Chandler at firstname.lastname@example.org